On Sunday 25 October 2009 10:43:41 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:11:28 +0100, Dave Jones wrote:

Back on topic I hope, it seems to me that KDE4 has made certain choices which
detract from the Gentoo way of being able to run lean and mean should you
choose to do so.  I am waiting to see if sqlite is going to improve its code
to be able to play with akonadi in KDE4.  I guess that until then I will have
to put up with the few seconds that akonadi tries to start, searches and then
fails to find mysql.

Not sure if this is a signal of maturity, or if KDE is becoming as bloated as
Gnome was considered to be a couple of years ago (for the most belligerent on
this list pls don't take this as an opportunity to restart another ancient
flamewar, I'm just making a cursory observation).
--
Regards,
Mick