On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 06:56:17PM +0200, Jarry wrote:

> # emerge --depclean

<...>

>  * In order to avoid breakage of link level dependencies, one or more
>  * packages will not be removed. This can be solved by rebuilding the
>  * packages that pulled them in.
>  *
>  *   sys-libs/db-4.6.21_p4 pulled in by:
>  *     dev-lang/php-5.2.10
>  *

"depclean" says it won't clean the db package because of a php
dependency. I _guess_ it comes from the "berkdb" use flag of php.

> I repeated it a few times, still the same. So what can I do more
> to fix it?

I you're sure you don't need db, you could try to remove it by hand and
see if 'emerge php' want reinstall it. I think you should use quickpkg
or demerge before everything else.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht