On Tuesday 10 November 2009 12:14:13 Arnau Bria wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today I've sync my portage and noticed that I had to change my profile,
> from default/linux/x86/10.0/desktop to default/linux/x86/10.0.
> *not sure if my problem comes from changing profile...

err, according to that you didn't change profile at all

> then I did my emerge -uDvpt world and found that I had to add some use
> flags to some packages:
>
> first:
> emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
>  ">=x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.5.1:4[accessibility,kde]". !!! One of the
>  following packages is required to complete your request: -
>  x11-libs/qt-qt3support-4.5.3 (Change USE: +kde)
>
> x11-libs/qt-qt3support kde
>
> then
> x11-libs/qt-core qt3support
>
> and finally:
> x11-libs/qt-gui qt3support
>
> and after adding 3 use I found that now I had to:
>
> - x11-libs/qt-core-4.5.3-r2 (Change USE: -qt3support)
>
> how is it possible is previpously I was told to add qt3support to same
> package? and how may I solve this issue?

More output please, especially emerge -t

What you supplied should that there's trouble with some qt packages. Most
likely you have two packages that have conflicting needs with regard to qt,
but without the actual output we cannot help you.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com