On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:00:01 +0100, Alexander Puchmayr wrote about
[gentoo-user] Alsa SPDIF+analog at same time:

>I'd like to have an audio signal on both the SPDIF and the analog
>output. I know that this is possible, since I had such configuration
>some weeks ago, but due to some circumstance I really can't reproduce
>it suddenly doesn't work anymore.

Have you upgraded your kernel recently?

I found that the SP/DIF output stopped working when I upgraded from
2.6.29 to 2.6.30.  I might downgrade my kernel to check that it was
this that caused the SP/DIF (or TOSLink) output to stop.
--
Regards,

Dave  [RLU #314465]
dwn...@ntlworld.com (David W Noon)