On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Nelis Botha <nelis.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys
>
> I'm Strugling to set up wireless, have recompiled kernel to include
> wireless i have folowed all the documentation and read and folowed tutorials
> on gentoo wiki and also i have folowed the /net.examples and
> wireless.examples but it keeps giving me errors when i want to start
> init.d/net.wlan0
> my question is: what should a working /etc/init.d/net look like if I want
> to connect to dhcp enabled open wireless dslmodem/router ?
>
> any advice will be extremely welcome

Hi Nelis, I'm using wicd to manager my eth0 and wlan0.

My /etc/conf.d/net has notinhg but dns_domain=XXXX

In /etc/init.d I only have net.lo and my /etc/conf.d/rc has
RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth0 !net.wlan0".

Before using wicd, I had started manually my wlan0 using ifconfig , iwconfig
and dhcpcd.

This configuration works fine for my laptop.