On 11/17/2009 08:24 AM, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
Hello.

Once I have written a dvd ISO image to a dvd-r disk and then I have
deleted the image from the hard disk. Now I need the image again, but
reading the image from disk does not give me an identical image to the
original one.

I have used the commands

$ readcd -vvv dev=/dev/dvd f=image.iso

and

$ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso

With both commands, the resulting image is 99.9% identical to the
original one.

Is there anything I can do to get an image identical to the original one?

For what it's worth, K3b does create ISO images that are bit-exact with the ISO image I used to burn the DVD.