There is often a couple of ebuilds in the tree that need manual editing
for one reason or another so the digest needs regenerating.  For one
off's its easier to do it in situ, but if long term pain is expected its
better to do in an overlay.

Same day I also got caught with googleearth - tried to install it, the
digest is wrong as if they keep changing it (happens nearly everytime
for GE).  Gave up and just installed it via the google stuff manually so
I didnt have to deal with it :)

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <bi...@iinet.net.au>