Alan McKinnon schrieb:

> You are misunderstanding. There are two things with the name
> xinerama - one is an X protocol to allow multiple screens to chat
> with each other, the other is a chunk off code to do it.
>
> nvidia-drivers uses the former. When you say "I rebooted without
> xinerama" you are trying to do the latter (I have no ide how you
> would do that, but still).

I meant:

I rebooted after re-emerging every relevant pkg with USE="-xinerama"
So that no pkg with enabled useflag xinerama would be active.

> So. Do not run xinerama. Do put xinerama in USE.

I do now, as I always did before the strange crashes happened.
I rebuilt the relevant pkgs with "xinerama" in USE, yep.

Since then no crashes, but I would have to test clicking some more stuff
to really believe ...

Thanks, Stefan