Hi, I am trying get a bluetooth headset working with bluez4.  most
documentation (even on the bluez site) is is for bluez3 and not
applicable.

Ive installed bluez4, the gnome bluetooth applet (2.26) associates with
the headset fine.  The headset is a Motorols S9 and I primarily want
just a2dp playback, but it would be nice to get the mic working as well
(for VoIP/egiga/...) at some point.

But alsa reports:
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM
bluetooth
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: No such file or directory
Failed to initialize audio driver 'alsa:device=bluetooth'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Ive tried adding the bluetooth stanza as both a separate stanza
"pcm.bluetooth", and as "bluetooth" within the existing pcm scope
in /etc/asound.names.  The headset works on a freerunner (SHR using
a2dp) but its not working on the laptop under gentoo :(

Anyone got a usable bluez4 guide, or knows how to do this?

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <bi...@iinet.net.au>
Home in Perth!