A couple of months ago when the new X came out I did an upgrade on my
x86 box and all went well.  Recently I reinstalled Gentoo on the same
box because I wanted to repartition my hard disk, now I can't get X working.

I'm using xfce4 and when I run startx or startxfce4 I get errors saying
no ati, vesa, fbdev modules and then no windows.  My make.conf has
INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" and VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx".  There isn't and
xorg.conf file, but I don't think I need one anymore; also X -configure
fails.

It should work since everything worked after the upgrade, but the clean
install fails.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

dhk