Xavier Parizet wrote:
Xavier Parizet a écrit :
Hi list,

I eard some (long) time ago that portage is not compatible with python 2.7, so i
masked it (python) in /etc/portage/package.mask. What i would like to know now
is is portage now compatible with this version of python ? Or if not, where can
i follow the status of this compatibility ? I looked on b.g.o but didn't find
anything related to this.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry but instead of python 2.7 (which does not exists), i was talking about
python 3 support in portage. Is it safe to remove earlier version of python to
only keep version 3 ?

Thanks and sorry for the mistake.

Out of curiosity I tried this a while back. Portage had been updated a couple time since then but at the time, portage was not happy at all. I seem to recall some other programs not being happy either but I can't recall which ones.

Since it is keyworded and masked. I would leave it alone.
Dale

:-) :-)