On Saturday 26 December 2009 19:29:10 Xi Shen wrote:
> hi,
>
> my system is gentoo amd64, kde-4.3, my graphic card is nvidia's. i use
> nvidia-settings to set up my two displayer to work in the tweenview
> mode. it supposed to have two separate desktop, instead it have a
> large desktop expand two displayer.
>
> on gnome and windows, tweenview always sets up two separate desktop.
> how can i set this on kde?

Per the nvidia-driver docs (/usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-190.53/README.bz2),
TwinView is designed to give you one large desktop and there's not much you
can do about that in KDE.

See Chap 15 of that same doc for a description of how to configure two
separate screens.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com