On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:19:37 -0600
Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:

> > It's current and it's fine for Gentoo.  It's in the portage tree as
> > app-doc/abs-guide, in case you want a local copy.
>
> I'm installing this and will give it a read when I get some free
> time. I hope this will not be to long.

I'd forgotten about this, but drobbins wrote a series of three "Bash by
Example" articles almost ten years ago, and the first two cover a lot
of the fundamental stuff.  I found them useful when I was starting
out.  (Heh, I'm not sure I'm done starting out.)

<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash.html>

Some of the Gentoo-specific things in the third article aren't true
any more, for example, "Bash is an essential component of the Gentoo
Linux ebuild system."

--
»Q«
     Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.