On Thursday 07 January 2010 15:17:05 GerhardosG wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> on my  gentoo-Laptop    with  AMD - K8  the network
>
> is NOT running :
>
> ifconfig  eth0 down
>
> ifconfig  eth0 up
> Disabling  IRQ #5
>
> Why ?????

<sigh>

Yea gods, not another one.

How on this earth can you expect people to help you if you do not provide
information. We have no idea what machine you have, what network card, what
errors are taking place, what modules, what kernel or anything else that's
important to help you, because you did not say.

My initial opinion as to why your network does not work is that your card is
physically fucked.

Feel free to disagree and prove me wrong by means of:

- relevant dmesg output
- relevant /var/log/messages output
- relevant lspci output
- relevant lsmod output
- relevant uname -a output
- relevant kernel configuration output
- relevant verbose output on the shell when starting the interface
- anything else relevant

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com