On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Marco <listwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I updated my system and beside others, Xorg got updated. Now, when I
> log in with SLIM, fluxbox does not start anymore. I just get into an
> ugly x-session.
>
> In my ~/.xinitrc I have  exec startfluxbox which always got me into
> fluxbox after log in with SLIM. This is according to
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/fluxbox-config.xml
>
> Killing X and then startx as user (non-root) I get into fluxbox...
>
> Thanks in advance for your tips!
>
> --
> Regards,
>  Marco

Hi, remove the line "exec startfluxbox" in your .xinitrc and append
startfluxbox to sessions in /etc/slim.conf like this:
# Available sessions (first one is the default).
# The current chosen session name is replaced in the login_cmd
# above, so your login command can handle different sessions.
# see the xinitrc.sample file shipped with slim sources
sessions           startfluxbox,compiz-session,startlxde,openbox

And try to login again. Maybe it helps.
--
Nguyễn Bảo Ngọc
http://www.facebook.com/pymaster