Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> > It seems that DeviceKit is no help for the various bugs in hald that
> > prevent writng CDs/DVDs/BluRays under certain circumstances.
> >
> > I did write mail to the DeviceKit maintainer to no avail, ...
>
> You probably didn't bitch him out thoroughly enough, Joerg.

I did send him a description of the current problems and I did send him a list
of items that need to be addressed.

Sometimes people are not open for the reality because they believe that things
cannot happen... and my impression (as it seems that he was also involved with
hald) is that he is not interested in help - otherwise people did contact me
for help before hald was created.

If you like to send him a mail that uses clear text, feel free to do so ;-)

I fear that we and up in something that is not better than now.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)