On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:42:05 +0100, <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:

However, I do not have any kde packages that I know of -- I wonder what
is pulling that in.  I certainly do not have arts.

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 21:41:54 cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> Hi.  When I am trying to do an emerge @preserved-rebuild after an
> upgrade, I just get the following:
>
> These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
>
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "kde-base/arts:3.5".
>
> I tried a -t, but it didn't give me anything.  How can I tell what is
> happening here?

This has been well documented and well discussed here there and everywhere.

Gentoo has dropped all kde-3.5 packages from portage. They are now in the kde- sunset overlay, you need layman to access them. That error proves you do not
have the overlay enabled.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Perhaps equery belongs arts could help?