On 1/22/2010 6:37 AM, Arnau Bria wrote:
Hi all,

I'm wondering which is the correct way for unmasking several
depending packages when you want to unmask only want.

Let me explain, I want to unmask xorg-server, and every time I try to
update, it complains about one package, I unmask it, then it complains
about other, and so on...

You can try autounmask, which appears to scan the dependency tree and package.keyword everything it finds. Though I've never used it personally, I've seen plenty of reports of success.

However, this cascade of unstable dependencies is the reason so many people discourage mixing arch and ~arch. Especially if you're using an unstable version of something with as many dependencies as xorg-server, by the time you're done you'll likely have half of your system unmasked. If you're willing to run an unstable Xorg anyway, you might want to consider running fully ~arch.

--Mike