Hi there!

media-sound/transkode [*] was a nice KDE3 application for converting
various audio formats into others. It's gone now, and no, it's not in the
kde-sunset overlay. I cannot even find any information on why it was
removed.
Building it manually does not work at all with gcc-4.3, and with lower
versions I get somewhat further, but building does not finish, too.

Any ideas why it's gone? Or where to look to find this out?

And: Do you know about a replacement which takes a bunch of audio files
and converts them info another format? I can do this on the command line,
but transkode already has some presets for common formats and was just
easy to use, no need to find out all needed options for lame etc.

        Wonko

[*] http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=37669