Hi,

 As desktop I am using openbopx, no session manager like
 xfce, gnome, kde and such.
 But I am using kde-applications as needed like k3b and kaffeine.
 My previous installation of kaffeine (0.98/KDE3* or something like
 this) works same goes for k3b in the kde3 version.

 No I installed kaffeine and k3b for kde4*.

 Neither k3b nor kaffeine seems to see any device under /dev/.

 I cannot start a channel scan since kaffeine has no "source".
 Neither I can read nor write any cd with k3b since with the
 installation of the new k3b all my cd/dvd-burners seem to
 have gone away :-/
 Addtionally the configuration dialog of k3b give me no chance
 to configure the devices by hand despite the fact that the
 help states the opposite.

 The permissions of /dev/hda /dev/hdb (burners) and the dvb-t
 device hasn't changed since the installation.

 Something is missing and being installed or configured.

 Searching with google gaves me entries of the kaffeine mailing
 list of 2008.

 What can I do to fix this problem?

 Kind regards,
 mcc