On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:14:27AM -0800, Grant wrote:
> I'm doing all of my testing with net-wireless/broadcom-sta.
>
> package.license seems to unmask the package which otherwise won't
> emerge.  ACCEPT_LICENSE does negate the need manually accept the
> license.  So they seem to perform different functions.  skype will
> still emerge without package.license?  Maybe there's a difference in
> the license which is responsible for the different behavior?

That's odd. You say that ACCEPT_LICENSE negates the need to manually
accept the license, yet package.license does not? You should file a
bug about this: per 'man portage'

    package.license
           This will allow ACCEPT_LICENSE to be augmented for a sin‐
           gle package.

           Format:
           - comment lines begin with # (no inline comments)
           - one DEPEND atom per line followed by additional licenses or groups

I read this to mean that they should behave the same way.

The design philosophy of ACCEPT_LICENSE vs package.license seems to be the same
as ACCEPT_KEYWORD vs package.keyword ...

Curious.

Willie W. Wong                                     ww...@math.princeton.edu
         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton