On 9 Feb 2010, at 13:57, J. Roeleveld wrote:
With Raid (NOT striping) you can remove one disk, leaving the Raid- array in a reduced state. Then repartition the disk you removed, repartition and then re-
add the disk to the array.

Exactly. Except the partitions extend, in the same positions, across all the disks.

You cannot remove one disk from the array and repartition it, because the partition is across the array, not the disk. The single disk, removed from a RAID 5 (specified by Paul Hartman) array does not contain any partitions, just one stripe of them.

I apologise if I'm misunderstanding something here, or if your RAID works differently to mine.

Stroller.