On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
<volkerar...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
On Freitag 12 Februar 2010, Dale wrote:
<SNIP>
This is how I understand it.  If you use buildpkg with emerge, you get
the original configs from the source tarball.  If you use quickpkg, then
you get the config files YOU created.  If I understand this correctly,
you can remember it this way as well.  Doing it during the emerge gives
you what emerge produces.  Doing it with quickpkg gives you what you
produced.

All that and I didn't confuse myself.  So, I'm probably wrong in how I
understand it.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)
no, this is entirely correct.

> From what I've seen last night and today I do not think this is correct.

quickpkg =NAME

produces a binary package with NO config files included.

You have to use

quickpkg --include-configs =NAME

to get the configs, at least from what I can see from the messages it
produces when it runs.

There is another option to limit the configs to only the unedited ones.

- Mark

You do have to add that option but that was already mentioned. I should have added it for clarity tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)