The easiest way to rectify this, I've found, is to just delete
/etc/init.d/net.eth0. Alternately, if you do want to keep the init
script around, but don't want to wait for it to time out before
continuing the boot process, what I did was add dhcpcd_eth0="-b" to fork
it into the background. As for "what is trying to start net.eth0," I
think there's an option in either /etc/rc.conf or /etc/conf.d/rc that
determines what counts as "net" for init scripts that need net: no net
required, loopback only, one non-loopback, or all of the net.* scripts.
Try looking into that.
Chris Reffett