On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:21:06AM +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
> i kanda thought about that for the usb stuff. but i have not resolve
> it. may be i also need the pmout package to allow me to mount the usb
> disk?
>
> the big problem now is the battery information. i really have no idea
> where to look for it. it is really dangerous to us a laptop without
> knowing when the battery will die.

I am rather curious what application you are using to get battery
information that requires it being root.

/proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state is 0444 on my netbook/laptop since
forever. I just use a bash function to parse it and display it on my
${PS1}.

Willie W. Wong                                     ww...@math.princeton.edu
         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton