I see in the amd64 FAQs this:
==============================
Can I get Adobe Flash working?
 Yes. Just emerge adobe-flash. Adobe has provided a 64-bit Flash
plugin starting with version 10.0.22.87. If you don't need the 32-bit
plugin, then run echo "www-plugins/adobe-flash -32bit" >>
/etc/portage/package.use. This will install only the 64-bit Flash
plugin.

So that I am clear, why would I want to install flash with both the
32bit and 64bit USE flags?  If there is no reason for both flags, then
should I be disabling the 32bit globally or are there other
circumstances that mean I should only set it so for this package?
--
Regards,
Mick