Jarry wrote:
Hi, I noticed this error when I try to sync my portage tree:

---------------
obelix ~ # emerge --sync
 >>> Starting rsync with rsync://134.68.220.73/gentoo-portage...
 >>> Checking server timestamp ...
timed out
rsync error: received SIGINT, SIGTERM, or SIGHUP (code 20) at rsync.c(544) [receiver=3.0.6]
 >>> Retrying...

 >>> Starting retry 1 of 3 with rsync://134.68.220.74/gentoo-portage
 >>> Checking server timestamp ...
timed out
rsync error: received SIGINT, SIGTERM, or SIGHUP (code 20) at rsync.c(544) [receiver=3.0.6]
 >>> Retrying...

It started about month ago and it happens quite frequently, I'd say
there is ~30% chance I get this message when I try "emerge --sync".
What could be the reason for this, and how could I fix it?

Jarry

It's not rsync it's the servers. Are you using the EU pool? I am, and I have that problem frequently. In my opinion, the EU pool is of rather poor quality.