Florian Philipp wrote:
I've never tried it but couldn't you just create a filter in Seamonkey
which copies all mails in 'Sent Items' to your inbox which where sent to
a mailing list (Extras ->  Filter ...)?

Also, at least in Thunderbird, you can set the 'Sent Items' folder for
each account and each identity (Edit ->  Account settings ->  Additional
Identities). So, if you create a different identity for sending to the
mailing list, you could just let Seamonkey put your sent items in your
inbox.

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp

P.S. I had to translate all buttons and setting names from German to
English. Therefore 'Additional Idenities' could also be 'More
Identities' and so on.

I don't know if Seamonkey can do that or not. What I have tried is to CC myself, BCC myself and setting up the gmail server so that I can have a copy. The only way that I know works is to go to the sent folder and just copy it to the folder for the mailing list.

The biggest problem with that is that the first message I send doesn't thread properly. So basically anyone who responds just appears out of nowhere. If I send a new message to this list and two people respond, it is two separate threads. Which is sometimes confusing. I usually tag the threads I start in red just to make sure I don't miss something.

I think what I need is to change my email address ONE MORE TIME. I need a server that will send me copies and also not filter spam. I rarely use the webmail part and I do get false positives sometimes and have to go dig on the server to find them. I have to do this every couple weeks with gmail now. I thought about just paying for Yahoo since I have three accounts there. I could pay for one of them and then have pop access. I think I can disable their spam filters too.

I think to much sometimes.   :/

Dale

:-)  :-)