Does anyone know this?

I run 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 on a server, amd64 ..

It has 8 hotswap-bays for hdds and lspci says it uses a --->

Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB SATA AHCI Controller

So far I used the ahci-kernel-module, it worked.

Until now we used only 4 hdds in that box, today I added 4 more.

But I only see six drives ... /dev/sd[a-f] ... no /dev/sd[gh]

hmmm

I don't know if all the bays are wired correctly, I would have to take
the server offline for a longer period to check that. But I think one
could expect those hotswap-bays wired ready to use.

My thought is, maybe the ahci-module is/was somehow limited with this
kernel? Maybe I should use another module?

This server is remote, so I have to be careful right now.

Thanks for any hints, Stefan