Hi all,

I noticed that Nominatim has strange preference for boundary:administrative
over place:XYZ when they have same name. Here is very simple example:

https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search.php?q=Balzers

It returns one result:

https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/details.php?place_id=144926588

Which is boundary:administrative. In the linked places there is this place:

https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/details.php?place_id=586113

Which is place:village. I am wondering why doesn't it show up in search
results. I am personally more interested in places so I am wondering if it
is possible to add a parameter to search to prefer places or it is
a server-side setting for Nominatim. I have a local instance running as
well so I can try to play with that.

PS: I am totally new to OSM, geocoding and all that stuff, so please don't
judge too hard if my question sounds stupid :)

Thanks!
--
Thanks,
Andrey