Hi,

I've just closed this particular ticket because it is a duplicate.
That doesn't mean that the issue is resolved, only that it is tracked
in a different ticket. Most notably have a look at
https://github.com/twain47/Nominatim/issues/512
which has some ideas how to reimplement reverse geocoding to
solve the issue.

Don't expect this issue to be resolved any time soon though. The
reverse geocoding API is not a priority for me and so far there
are no other takers who like to tackle a reimplementation.

Sarah