Hello,

We’re trying to use Nominatim to resolve road segments, which is working for
most roads.

Only we’re not able to resolve any link roads, ramps for motorways etc.
Nominatim seems to be skipping these, and snapping to the first road in the
vicinity.
Which seems to be correct, looking at the code, and this issue from years back:
https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5251
<https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5251>

We’ve looked at the Nominatim DB, and tried querying them directly using the
place table and placex table, which did not yield any results. ‘place’ table.

When using https://overpass-turbo.eu <https://overpass-turbo.eu/> for example,
and querying for 'highway=motorway_link’ we’re getting the results we’d like to
see, for e.g. we’re receiving the way_ids.

- https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/6960060
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/6960060>
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/6960114
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/6960114>
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/6960093
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/6960093>

And then when querying these directly in the Nominatim DB, from the place /
placex tables by ‘osm_id’ they seem to absent.

Is there another way to query these from the Nominatim DB? Or can we get them
imported as well, as they seem to have been skipped while populating the
database?

Kind regards,
Nick Meessen - de Wit