Who on this list knows why the Arctic warming ~ 8,000 years ago
(quite protracted and significantly warmer than today) did not lead
to "runaway" warming?

  Presumably something kicked in the other direction?

I'm pursuing a clearer picture of lessons from the Holocene and the
Eemian (the previous interglacial) related to feedbacks and whether
there are, or are not, one-way doors in the climate system. Leads
eagerly pursued. ..

Andy

Andrew C. Revkin
The New York Times / Environment