Not clear how silicates relate to air capture - CO2 must be
significantly concentrated for the reaction to happen, e.g. via
costly amine capture from power plants. Even then the kinetics are
slow unless additional T, P, or chemistry is applied.  House et al
(2007)does offer an indirect electrochemical "weathering" of
silicates for air capture, but at a severe energy penalty.
"Carbonation" of carbonates: CO2 + H2O + CaCO3 ---> Ca++  + 2HCO3-
also requires elevated CO2, but straight flue gas will work and the
kinetics here are much more favorable.  There is an electrochemical
version of this for air capture, but again at a significant energy
price tag.  Are you suggesting that these are our first tier abiotic
air capture technologies?

-Greg