This is not dissimilar to a wild idea I had about 30 years ago relating to
how to freeze ice to generate, essentially, encapsulated freshwater
icebergs, that one would tow to regions needing freshwater‹and there are
some others thinking now about how to somehow use the very strong
temperature gradient to cool the Arctic or spray water as snow onto East
Antarctica or Greenland. I would note, however, that what gets coldest is
the surface of thick sea ice (not the air) as it is radiating to space as a
black body whereas air has very low radiative potential (i.e., a low water
vapor concentration)--it coos down being in contact with ice and being able
to radiate its heat to the ice, that then can radiate the energy to space.

Basically, analogous to an air conditioner, the sea water below is the
evaporator and then there must be a condenser  in the air or  the sea ice‹as
it runs, the system would transfer heat from the ocean water to, ultimately,
space, bypassing the insulating effect of the sea ice. The key engineering
challenge is to keep the system free of ice build-up. In the ocean, the
water is just above freezing and gets cooled as it transfers heat to the
evaporator‹to keep ice from forming, one would need a good flow so one
extracts just a little heat from a lot of water rather than a lot of heat
from a little water; that would take energy to accomplish unless there is a
strong current. For the condenser, the air is well below freezing and the
gas in the evaporator is likely at the temperature of the sea water, so it
is not at all clear there is enough energy to keep this from getting covered
by ice (from snowfall, etc.).

Thus, indeed, if one can figure out how to get energy from the ocean through
the ice (which tends to insulate the ocean from cooling) so the energy can
be radiated to space, one would have a way to cool the planet down during
winter (assuming the sky stays pretty clear). Given the area¹s remoteness
and the cold temperatures, etc., figuring out the engineering is thus
critical‹one would like something with no moving, that floats in the right
orientation until getting frozen into the ice, preferably has no moving
parts, etc.--figure that out and one should get a real prize.

Best, Mike MacCracken