A couple of points:

1. On the angle issue, this is of course taken into consideration in
calculating how much solar radiation reaches the Arctic at any given
time‹and rays just passing tangentially through will not count much at all.
That the actual incident light in high latitudes in summer, integrated over
the day, is roughly as much as at the equator (William Sellers book of
roughly 4 decades ago on climate has a nice diagram) means that there is
plenty of time when aerosols could backscatter solar radiation to space.
2. On the backscattering from reflected light, roughly speaking sulfate
aerosols forward scatter about ten times as much as they back scatter. That
would likely still be the case for the upward scattered radiation. The
cancellation would only then occur if the surface albedo were about 1, and
if it is this high, then we should not be using aerosols anyway as the
natural system is doing just fine on its own. The time to use aerosols is
when the surface-troposphere albedo is dropping lower, so the cancelling
effect would be smaller. And I don¹t think one would have to do the
mentioned iteration, again, unless the surface-troposphere albedo is high. I
guess what would be really nice to have is a particle that has a corner
reflector on top (so perfect reflection with no scattering) and is absorbing
below, so the energy is taken up high in the atmosphere where most is likely
to be radiated to space by the layer¹s CO2 (some does go down, but one is
above most of the water vapor, so its GH effect is very small).

Mike