Dear Denis‹You really need to do some order of magnitude estimating:

Based on the earlier email on the energy involved in and dissipated by
hurricanes, the heat release of a hurricane (on average‹big ones are higher
by a good bit) is on order of 5.2 * 10**19 Joules per day. Convert that to
calories, assume you want to dissipate 10% of the energy to slow the storm
down a bit (and this would really mean increasing the natural dissipation
rate by a factor of 40‹which is  lot given that the drag of the surface
ocean is now the major sink of drag energy‹that this factor is so large
should give you real pause). But any way, to deposit the energy you are
talking about as heat in the ocean, your drag devices would have to warm the
upper 10 meters of the ocean over an area having a radius of 300 km by
roughly 0.3 C‹that is a very great amount (just think how much effort the
Sun takes over the seasonal cycle to warm a bit thicker layer by somewhat
more). We are talking about huge amounts of energy‹so, on this argument, I
am on the side of David saying ³nonsensical.²

Your arguments on CO2 lifetimes, etc. are being addressed by others.

Mike