I would also reiterate that the underlying change due to GHGs is the key
threat, with SRM and other approaches seeking to moderate this. Expecting a
perfect understanding of the intervention options seems to me a bit like
doing inspection upon re-inspection of the uniforms of firemen as the house
burns down. We have to make sure they will not make the overall situation
worse and that is tested in test burns, etc., but expecting to hold back
responding to the fire until everything is perfectly understood, rather than
making the effort in an adaptive manner, learning as one goes along, seems
to me a more appropriate approach.

Mike MacCracken