It is my understanding that Normative Jurisprudence Law, such as treaties
and conventions, is an exercise in political philosophy. As a layperson, I
am very concerned with any political philosophy which calls for a
non emergency response to an emergency situation.

1) The Esppo Convention model would be extremely difficult for most smaller
nations to comply with on both the financial and science level. Should we
provide massive grants? Science and Technical Advisors? Whoops, where do we
find the trained Geoengineers to do the evaluations? The intra and
intergenerational(?) transfer of wealth for such a model is
substantial while producing no... zero... progress towards an actual
solution.....for decades!

2) Ultra-hazardous activity liability can not be truly evaluated for SRM by
any current or historical equivalent, SRM does not have a radioactive half
life! Apples and oranges...This is more of a liability issue concerning the
"*Social Fence" (*refers to a short-term avoidance behavior by individuals
that leads to a long-term loss to the entire group).

3) Pooling vast amounts of money for largely unverifiable claims is not
realistic in todays environment and probably not in tomorrows. Providing
regional technical adjustments to the (proven) adversely effected areas (if
any) is reasonable and funding for that should be secured. There will always
be adjustments with such a global effort.

The word "Emergency" should be on the lips of anyone interested in this
debate. Emergency Geoengineering has no historical precedent in law and
contorting the current (largely) dysfunctional environmental pacts only
insures that those familiar with manipulating them will gain. The rest of us
will hit a "Social Fence". We need a transformational treaty concept which
provides for the development and testing of the science/technology
of emergency forms of geoengineering and the means to use it. Coupling this
ability to progressive CO2 reduction, unreasonable impact reviews, lengthy
negotiations entwined with other legal issues is simply not prudent given
the potential sudden nature of climate change.

Doing business as usual got us here. Maybe, we should try something
different?