Hi All,

MV, thank you for the input and I have spent a few days reading up on the
basics of the subject. I am just learning this field and so I ask your
patience. With that, I would like to ask two questions, if possible. Are
there diatoms that can regulate their buoyancy with intracellular lipids to
counter sinking. Would a Sargassum mat be considered a diatom mat?

I obviously need a little clarity on these points.

Michael

*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*
http://www.wix.com/voglerlake/vogler-lake-web-site