Hi Folks,

The meetings being set up are exciting to see come about. If a Skype link
could be incorporated, I believe we could see a significantly
larger participation. I personally can not afford the travel yet would very
much like to be there. This group is global and these types
of conferences/meetings will grow in number. If a Skype like link could be
offered by the organizers, the non funded members would have a better means
to stay abreast.

The UNEP Conference is offering internet participation for the selected
experts. However, the proceedings should be opened to internet viewing by
all interested parties on simple transparency grounds. There is no
practical/technical reason why network viewing should not be made available
to the general public. A side Google Group could be set up for those that
are not invited "experts" but wish to make comments and/or discuss the
issues being presented by the invited participants..... as it happens. I am
not any type of "expert" and thus would not qualify for direct involvement
in the UNEP Conference, yet I would appreciate an opportunity to view
the proceedings and express my views within a conference dedicated Google
Group.

This is a critical meeting which has far-reaching potential. An
internet version of a spectator gallery would seem reasonable for such
a potentially historic conference.

Thanks,