From: hiroshi mizutani <mizutani49...@gmail.com>
Date: 2011/6/22
Subject: Re: [clim] Re: Time for "Para" Geoengineering Syllabus?
To: voglerl...@gmail.com

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your encouraging mail.

Though the site I mentioned before is, content-wise, not yet ready for
public access, its further development somehow demanded it to be on an
open site.

The URL is :
http://geoeng.brs.nihon-u.ac.jp

The language is Japanese, but you may find "ENGLISH HOME" at top right
corner of the home page.  It is the only page on the site, where you
can find more English than Japanese!

If you please take a look at it and give any comments to me, I would
greatly appreciate them.

Thank you in advance.

Hiroshi

2011/5/12  <voglerl...@gmail.com>:
> On May 5, 2011 12:42am, hiroshi mizutani <mizutani49...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Michael:
>>

>> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> I think what you're doing is Great! I have studied the general subject for
> about 18 months and I'm now able to piece things together to develop my
own
> opinions. The professionals are experts in their respective fields, yet
this
> subject is so new that even an interested and informed layperson can see
the
> bigger picture with as much clarity as the professional researcher. The
more
> that the informed layperson (Para Geoengineers) get involved, the less
> chance that this issue will be influenced by radicals. There are already
> small media based groups who are influencing UN level decisions. They have
> no real interest in the technology, just gaining financial donations.
>
> The eventual deployment of any global level Geoengineering (GE) effort,
will
> need the consent of the masses. With the internet, the masses can follow
> this type of sophisticated technical/political development and make their
> views known directly to the policy makers. Helping laypeople find the
> information is what I had in mind.
>
> Things are heating up in a number of areas on this topic and knowledgeable
> internet based groups can make an impact. Watching the Google GE Group is
my
> main means of staying abreast and making suggestions. Pulling together the
> many web links posted on that site would be a good knowledge resource for
> someone new to the issues. The Climate Intervention Google Group will be
> shut down soon and those links will be lost. Collecting those links would
be
> important.... now! Collecting them has never been done, as far as I know.
> With a little time, your group will be as informed as the policy makers.
How

--
*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*