Since the reactions are exothermic and spontaneous, no  need for external
energy input if you are willing to wait around for 100’s kyrs.  To speed up the
process, one approach is to invest some energy in mining grinding (increase
reactive silicate surface area e.g., Schuiling et al.). Then there are T, P,
and chemical, biochemical, and electrochemical enhancement options (another
humbly submitted variant here:
http://www.goldschmidt2011.org/abstracts/finalPDFs/1698.pdf
Anyway, there is plenty of stranded energy and reactants out there, so since we
are starting with a proven natural global-scale air capture process (unlike
many other proposals I could name), lets find out what if any enhancements of
this might be desirable and cost effective.  No?
Regards,
Greg