Hello Michele and Hiroshi,

Thanks for the work you shared. I have put some study effort into
atmospheric electrical processes in general and, in particular, the Global
Electrical Circuit (GEC) and the effect on cloud nucleation. You mentioned
no additional heat source around Nordham. Beyond the kinetic action of the
windmills, it may be the additional grounding effect of the windmills which
may be causing an increase in cloud nucleation.

Taking electrical readings of the surface GEC of the Norden site may be
interesting and wrth the effort. Here is the home page of Dr. Tensley who is
one of the leading researchers in the field of atmospheric electrical
processes as it relates to cloud nucleation.
http://www.utdallas.edu/physics/faculty/tinsley.html

If you would like specific papers on the subject, please let me know.

Hiroshi has pointed out a reverse situation of rain reduction. From the
basic physical description he provides (near the top of a mountain),
disruption in the Mountain Wave effect may be something worth looking at.
Here is a basic schematic of that phenomenon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vol_d%27onde.svg . Mountains are known to
have an effect on the GEC and what Hiroshi is describing is most likely not
GEC related but a simple kinetic effect on the Mountain Wave propagation.

Even if my suggestions are completely off the mark, the anomalies being
described would seem to be more along the lines of local weather
modification as opposed to large scale effect(s) of geoengineering. This is
not to say that these effects could not be used in designing future GE
systems. Each of these anomilies do point to an effect which could be built
upon to produce wide regional effects.

Thank you and Hiroshi for bringing this 2 situations forward.

Michael

--
*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*