Hi Folks,

This thread has many aspects which point to the need for a full fledged
website dedicated to the full spectrum of GE issues. Hansen et al. is
showing a willingness to stretch the norms in scientific writing to maybe
express the severity of the situation in terms that the general public
(media) may be willing to listen to. The need for innovative educational
outreach on this issue has been largely ignored. That lack of an organized
media outreach effort is profoundly counter productive.

I once AGAIN call for the creation of a website to provide the coordinated
educational outreach effort, provide a more robust stage for debate and
provided a unified voice for the field of Geoengineering.

On the 15th of August, I will go public with a website which will provide
the bare bones structure for "The Journal of Geoengineering Studies". I
pledge $300 towards the start up costs and volunteer to look after the "back
room IT" details. Other contributions are welcomed.

An editorial board comprised of seasoned members of this forum is needed.
Future board members can be voted in by the original board. Volunteers and
nominations for the editorial board are need to be pulled together before
the 15th. The Editor in Chief should be put in place by the original board.

This proposed website has been discussed on in this forum and I have had no
comments against it. Some members have volunteered to make regular
contributions of related content. I will spend the needed cash to organize
the basic startup effort, however what happens after that is up to this
group.

Michael

*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*