Fox News has a heavy hand in what is being reported. Here is a Guardian
report going back to 12/10:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/15/fox-news-climate-change-email

In short, the report shows a planned action to enforces global warming
skepticism. Here is a distasteful taste of the the report;

"Fox <http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/fox> News's Washington bureau chief,
Bill Sammon, imposed an order to make time for climate sceptics within 15
minutes of the airing of a story about a scientific report showing that
2000-2009 was on track to be the hottest decade on record.

Media Matters said the bureau chief's response to the report exhibited a
pattern of bias by Fox News in its coverage of climate change.

It also noted the timing of the directive. The email went out on 8 December
last year, when the leaders of nearly 200 countries met in Copenhagen to try
to reach a deal on climate change.

The email reads: "We should refrain from asserting that the planet has
warmed (or cooled) in any given period without IMMEDIATELY pointing out that
such theories are based upon data that critics have called into question."

It goes on to say: "It is not our place as journalists to assert such
notions as facts, especially as this debate intensifies."

Also, Fox news has just released a composite image of their typical white
conservative male viewer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tunturisopuli_Lemmus_Lemmus.jpg

All I can say is "Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty".

Michael

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Rau, Greg <r...@llnl.gov> wrote:

> "What is most sobering, especially for the scientific community and climate
> change communicators, is that climate change denial has actually increased
> in the U.S. general public between 2001 and 2010, although primarily due to
> a significant increase in the past two years....."
> "Conservative white males are significantly more likely than are other
> Americans to endorse denialist views". "..... differences are even greater
> for those conservative white males who self-report understanding global
> warming very well."  (!!-GR)
>
> CLIMATE: Conservative white males are biggest skeptics -- study
> (07/27/2011)
> Conservative white males are more likely than any other adult demographic
> deny the existence of global warming, according to a new study conducted by
> researchers at two universities.
>
> In polling conducted by Gallup, researchers from Michigan State University
> and Oklahoma State University found that nearly 30 percent of conservative
> white males believed that the effects of global warming "will never
> happen,"
> while 7.4 percent of other adults held the same view. Close to 60 percent
> of
> conservative white males do not believe that global warming is caused by
> human behavior, a view shared by 31.5 percent of other adults.
>
> "Conservative white males are significantly more likely than are other
> Americans to endorse denialist views," the researchers wrote in their
> study.
> "These differences are even greater for those conservative white males who
> self-report understanding global warming very well."
>
> Conservative white males were more than twice as likely as other adults to
> assert that the media had overstated the effects of global warming, and
> nearly 60 percent denied that a scientific consensus existed on the reality
> of global warming. The study was quick to point out that the lack of belief
> in global warming extended beyond one demographic.
>
> "Denialism is sufficiently diffuse within the American public that it
> obviously cannot be attributed solely to conservative white males," the
> study says. "What is most sobering, especially for the scientific community
> and climate change communicators, is that climate change denial has
> actually
> increased in the U.S. general public between 2001 and 2010, although
> primarily due to a significant increase in the past two years which may
> prove abnormal in the long run" (David Malakoff, London Guardian, July 27).

*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*
http://www.voglerlake.com