Ken, Julia, List

I only today re-read yesterday's note by Ken on Dr. Simbeck's video and saw
that I had missed that of Dr. Pongratz. I think hers is the more important; it
contains valuable new work.

Her video does not, however, talk about managing and harvesting from the
reforested area. That can tie into the BECS promotion of Dr. Simbeck, of course
- but I think even more so into Biochar - which can be done right in the
forest. A biochar operation does not require the large power plants and
extensive infrastructure for a CCS operation - and it provides an annual return
on investment.

This is to hope also that Dr. Pongratz can comment on this further use of the
reforested area for additional sequestration (BECS , Biochar, etc] - justified
in part by trying to maximize the annual sequestration of the new forest
through appropriate management. I thnk double the annual sequestration of the
un-managed forest may be possible.

Near the video of Dr/ Pongratz I found some others on reforestation. One in
particular in Tanzania seemed to be very successful
.[ see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxVh_w_LG1w&NR=1 ]

Again, thanks for a valuable lead.

Ron