Dr. Benson, et al.

I was typing out a response when you posted. First, giving Mr. Neff a fair
warning of your prior art can prevent him spending more money and give the
examiner cause for denial. Simply e-mail him with the proper links. The
issue of "describes things that are obvious to those skilled in the relevant
arts" can be debated. No one "skilled in the arts" before your claims came
close to describing such a means. It is an issue of quality and no other SRM
medium comes close to what you proposed for the reason(s) that you proposed
it for.

I agree that the patent potential for any "geoengineering" means and method
will most likely never lead to an enforceable patent. However, the credit of
thought (concept) should be given.  Tesla was once asked about the Marconi
radio patents. He simply replied that he enjoyed seeing others *detail* his
concept(s). And, he was right....Marconi did not invent the radio.

I am hoping that the concepts which are being put forth on this site can be
highlighted through a dedicated website so that folks like Mr. Neff (and
myself) do not spend time re inventing wheels. "Publishing" has a new
meaning with the web yet being able to find the information is getting
harder. Did Mr. Neff even know about this group? Getting concepts posted on
a site like this is an important legal issue. Developing a website to
highlight new concepts can help avoid this type of situation by making it
easier to find the concepts. Yes, many good concepts are offered here yet
they are passed by in hopes of further consideration and support ....Even if
the concepts are not fully worked out.... Remember, it is quality and
dates..above all else.

I came close to your concept without knowing of your work (I was apparently
trying to re invent your wheel and was informed of my mistake by a number of
members...you have clear priority). How can we get concepts like yours and
others floated to the top of a basic "Google" search? How can we make it
easy for examiners and would be inventors to know the actual "state of the
art"?

Michael (US Patent #4,885,811)

*Michael Hayes*
*360-708-4976*