From: "Greg Rau" <r...@llnl.gov>
To: "shaojun zhong" <shaojun.zh...@gmail.com>, "geoengineering"
<geoengineering@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:47:37 PM
Subject: RE: [geo] Re: Monbiot Claims SAI "already tested ... with catastrophic
results"

I'd be very careful about adding CaCO3 to 0.1M nitric acid, the reaction is
strongly exothermic. I'd cut the concentration and volume by 10 - 100x for
starters, wear safety glasses and conduct in a safe place like a chem hood with
access to sink. Better, do at soil acid molarity. Perhaps our
biochar-in-the-soil friends could offer some biogeochem perspective. Good luck.
-G