Ron,

I agree with your assessment, this report is a solid handbook for
policymakers that lays out the basic issues without oversimplifying
them.  The five "geoengineering scenarios" (No Geoengineering, Safe
CDR Only, Technology Transformation, Insurance Policy, Needed Soon)
are a useful way to map the evolving debate.  Some of the
recommendations seem loosely connected to the report content--for
example, "Do not allow geoengineering to be used as a source of carbon
offsets, because this would divert effort from emissions
reduction" (p. 42) is pretty sweeping and requires much more
elaboration.  All in all, though, this is a very helpful document that
I hope makes the rounds inside the beltway.

Josh